Duncan Taylor

Black Bull

Black Bull 40 Year Old

47.6% alc./vol.

Black Bull 40, the flagship of the Black Bull family, is a superior blend of the finest single malt and single grain whiskies available from Scotland’s premium distilleries. There are only 1,500 bottles of this limited edition, batch 7.

The spirit in this bottling contains whiskies ranging from 40 to 51 years old. 86% of these are single malt whiskies from distilleries such as Glenlivet, Macallan, Caperdonich, Highland Park and Bunnahabhain. Single grain whiskies make up the remaining 14% of the blend, among them whiskies from Caledonian and Dumbarton distilleries.

This small batch production has been blended without the use of chill filtration or added colourant. Completely natural, it is bottled at cask strength.

“Black Bull 40 year old is a world class whisky and it has been worth the wait to add it to our portfolio. We are confident that it will take its place amongst the best luxury whiskies available today and cement our position in the market place.” - Euan Shand, Chairman

Tasting Notes

Black Bull 40 Year Old

Tasting Image Bb40 600X600

Colour: Amber gold.

Nose: Beautifully sweet, sherried, toffee apples, milk chocolate, grapefruit, mango, parma violets and dried bananas.

Taste: Very smooth and gentle with a vibrant fruitiness, then vanilla comes through, toffee popcorn, fruit cake and a hint of hazelnuts.

Finish: Long and lingering with a gentle syrupy sweetness.

An award-winning product

Our products have graced the tables of some of the most influential judging competitions in the world. Shown by the awards we've won over the years, we must be doing something right. We're proud of every one, including the following for Black Bull 40:

Black Bull 40 Year Old 2014

Black Bull 40 Year Old 2017

Follow the Black Bull Story

Where to buy our products

View Stockists

To visit our website, you must be of an age to purchase alcohol in your country of residence.

Are you of legal drinking age in the country where you are right now?